Well, after surviving a customer service gauntlet the last two days I live to share my story and of course, the winner of my extremely serious and highly anticipated Prince Tengo Caption Contest. First of all, thanks to all who commented with a caption for
proving people actually read my blog endorsing my absurdity.
These people rock and I’ll tell you why:
- Dettie stumbled upon my blog and had the amazing sensibility to stop and comment. Checked out her blog only to find an entertaining post about the advertising of feminine products that made me laugh out loud.
- The cleverly named, Dad It’s Okay shares new moments of fatherhood and moments he is looking forward to (which is one of the sweetest posts I’ve read).
- The brilliant Barb Taub who gave me some much needed support when my blog first started. I count on her blog for all things England and much, much more.
- The smartly funny Idiot-prufs who I could literally read for hours, presents some of the best dialogue, especially in this hilarious encounter with crunchy pudding — this post is genius.
- Newbie blogger, Mackenzie from Lies I Wrote in My Diary shares hilariously witty stories of childhood transgressions and why Wayne’s World taught her more than Annie Hall.
Thank you all for your seriously funny, clever captions and also for making me realize I am not meant to be a contest judge because it’s too hard. So basically you’re all winners. Okay, but I did think one was a little more clever than the others and this is mostly due to my extreme and unfounded love for creating fake sequel titles to movies. Lucky you, Lies I Wrote in My Diary, you are now the winner of
some extremely cool pieces of paper an awesome ninja star and one of a kind roll of US postmaster general stickers!
As for everyone else, I have free hugs for you! Just come to South Lamar Boulevard in Austin Texas to claim them — I’m such a good hugger.
P.S.- Just to give you a good parting visual, I’m going to share the video I’ve been sweating it out to lately. It stars Fabio’s beefier brother along with a buffer Saved By The Bell lookalike cast. Imagine me crunching it out to this while Tengo sits next to me licking my elbow each time I come down: